The unit is headed by Marie-Claire Lavabre on the Paris-Saclay campus, with support from deputy directors Jérôme Tournadre (Nanterre campus) and Stéphane Lacour (ENS Paris-Saclay campus).
ISP is composed of:
- 63 permanent staff and staff on fixed-term contracts
- 112 PhD students and post-doctoral students
ISP is a multidisciplinary, highly internationalized laboratory, whose researchers combine theoretical inquiry and an exacting empirical approach.
Three major subjects exemplify ISP's identity and research project: conflictuality, justice and memory.
The laboratory's academic agenda from now until 2018 explores four main themes:
- law, power and public policy,
- production and appropriation of political identities,
- conflicts, conflict resolution and political change,
- circulation of people and knowledge.
CNRS/Polish Academy of Sciences exchange agreements.
French National Research Agency (ANR) programmes
The ISP currently coordinates two ANR programmes:
ISP is one of the partners of the "Pasts in the Present" Labex research cluster
Research programmes endorsed by the PP Labex